Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Monday, May 4, 2015

It's raining, it's pouring!


Rain!  The rainy season has officially started here in Guatemala.  This week it rained a ton!  Its really nice though, it was getting really hot for these past few weeks.  

This week went well, we found a new family to teach.  The mom is catholic, the dad doesnt go to any church.  We had a great lesson with them and we have another one with them today.  We had 4 investigators in church which was awesome!  Rosa and her daughter, along with a lady named Betza and her son. We put a date with our investigator Lupe for the 13th of June.  I would say things are going fairly well here!

This week we had interviews with our mission president.  I really like something he said, "We can fill our day with activities, or we can fill our day with results."  I think a lot of times as missionaries, students, etc. sometimes we feel like we are doing a lot because we are busy.  The truth is though, if what we are doing doesnt help us accomplish our goals, its a waste of time.  We have to be obedient and work hard if we want to have miracles.  The mission is a time for us to change and become our best selves.

I love fasting, I think its such a wonderful blessing.  Its super hard here in the mission because we still have to work, but I sure can feel the blessings. I love being a missionary because we get to help so many people.  Its a great blessing and I know it will bless my family and friends.  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment