Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Saturday, August 30, 2014

One week left in the CCM!

Hello everyone!  I'd again like to thank everyone for the great support and love from back home, I really appreciate it.  Guess what?  I leave for Quetzaltenango on Tuesday!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone here and how much I've learned.  I'm really pumped to start preaching the Gospel.

President Cox came back this week, which was a huge blessing.  President Pitcher did a pretty good job, but President Cox has so much energy and is such a great guy.  It was his birthday earlier this week, so the whole CCM met together at lunch time for a birthday party.  Chocolate cake, mariache music, and my friends here at the CCM, it was a great time!  Haha funny story for you guys.  Each day we're supposed to get up at 6 30, and as I was getting up I could hear a booming voice down the hall.  About 3 minutes later I recognized who it was... President Cox!  An elder in our room was still asleep as President came in and woke him up.  He asked the elder if he knew the time and some other stuff, the elder felt pretty embarrased but now I know that they don't mess around, 6 30 every day! 

We also got new lations in our room, Elder Lopez and Figueroa.  Two great elders.  On Sunday I had a great experience with Elder Figueroa.  He was sitting on his top bunk being pretty quite.  I asked him how his day was.  He sat straight up and we locked eyes as he said, "What happened today? Today I learned, today I learned that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that he really did restore the church."  Tears started to roll down his face as he said this, and it took me off guard a little bit.  We chatted a little more, but I'm glad his testimony was strenghtened and he shared this with me.  

Well, this is honestly about all I've got haha.  Next week, however, things will be completely different!  I can't express how excited I am, how cool it's going to be.  There's a lot of things maybe I should fear, but I don't have any fears because I trust it God.  I know the truth.  Something Hermano Abadillo said this week really struck me.  He was talking about testimonies and what Heavenly Father wants us to know.  He said, "He likes you to believe, but He wants you to know."  Everyone know that I know the church is true.  No doubt.  I love and miss my family and friends, but for the next two years I'm going to to my best to help others.  Again, next week I'll have a lot to say, but if you learn anything from this know that God lives, Christ died for us, and we will live again.  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment