Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hola! from Jackson!

Hi everyone!  Another week down at the CCM, feels like I got here yesterday and now I'm one of the old guys!  I leave not this Tuesday, but the next.  I can't believe it, I'm so excited to go and get to work.

Ugh, I wish I could talk to you guys!  It's been hard for me to express how awesome of an experience this has been over email, but I'll try my best.  This week I feel like I learned so much. My spanish is doing really well, in fact I keep wanting to type spanish words in haha but I guess that's a good thing.  My companion and I have really bonded and we are able to teach pretty darn well.  

This week there was a plague at the CCM.  I think literally half the CCM got it, which was no bueno.  The chefs made a batch of bad lasagna haha, I'll spare you the details but let's just say that a lot of people were stricken!  I didn't get too sick, but a lot of people had some, irregularities if you know what I mean haha.

Each week at the CCM we do something called CRE.  We are supposed to teach real less active members, but they never show up so we end up teaching other missionaries.  This week Elder Carter and I taught Elder Cox and his comp.  Elder Cox is from PG and though we weren't too close, it's really nice to talk to people about home for a little.  He just left yesterday, so did about 25 others.  As a going away party, we packed about 75 missionaries into one dorm room.  Yes, 75.  It was sooooo packed and about 115 degrees, but we all sang a few hymns and had a prayer.  The power in that room was incredible.  There are so many great men here and I'm very priveliged to be apart of the work here.

Well, that's about all the main things that have happened here.  I've bonded with so many and have had amazing experiences here.  Any of you deciding wheter or not to serve, I would say do it!  It's a once in a lifetime opportuniuty to bring others to Christ.  I love you all and I hope things are well at home.  Remember how blessed you are and how much we truly have.  God is generous and he loves everyone.  Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment