Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

SPANISH!!!

Hey well this week we had changes so it was a big week!

My new area is called Olintepeque and it is absolutely huge, we cover a ward and also a branch called San Carlos Sija.  The area has a lot of giant fields and gated communities but there are still a lot of houses and the members seem really cool.  Everyone speaks Spanish  and I think the coolest part is that from pretty much any part of my area you can see the temple of Xela!  My new companion is Elder English from Idaho, my first American companion in 20 months haha its been a lot of fun and we have been working like crazy this week.

We have a cool investigator named Nestor.  His wife is kind of a less active member but has been reactivating.  Wow, Nestor is so cool and is in 1 Nephi 16, just a really solid guy and he is going to be babtized on April 9th.  We have been going with him every other day and, though I havent been here very long, Im excited to see him grow and accept the Gospel.

Other than Nestor there werent really many investigators here in Olintepeque.  We decided to work really hard and to talk with literally everyone.  While knocking doors we found a guy named Cruz who let us in.  He explained that his mom is really sick and that his dad passed away about 8 years ago.  We taught him the first lesson and challenged him to read the Book of Mormon, but it didnt seem to us that he understood very much.  We returned with him on Saturday and we were shocked but how much he remembered and liked the first lesson.  We read the Book of Mormon with him, invited him to church, and he came!!  I feel so happy that we came in contact with Cruz and we will continue helping him progress and learn about the plan of Salvation.

This week was my birthday and the sister missionaries in our area did something really nice for  me and my comp.  My companion doesnt really know a lot of the members, so the sisters talked with a member family and planned a little surprise dinner.  We went to the members house at 8, read a scripture, then went to eat.  I sat down and one of the members put a plate with two stuffed wrapped burritos in front of me.  I thought to myself, "Can it be?" and it was: TACO BELL! After the delicious Taco Bell and some cake, the members gave me some candy and chips and stuff.  It was an amazing day and I really felt the love of Heavenly Father has for me.

I know that Jesus Christ gave His perfect life for us.  Lately Ive felt such a profound peace in my heart and just so... good.  I know that we can all feel the peace that Christ offers us, before the mission I felt it from time to time but a lot of times I felt nervous about tests or friends or stuff like that.  There are a lot of stresses as misisonaries and a lot of setbacks, but I notice that life is really just so good and that the hard times make the good times better.  I love all of you and know that the Church is true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment