Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Thursday, September 17, 2015

We did it!

Hey guys, well, we did it!  Carlos finally got babtized on Saturday and it was such an awesome experience.  The Spirit was strong, this family has come so far in their progress so far and it will be exciting to see them keep progressing.  In his interview with President Smith, Carlos says his next goal is to get sealed in the temple with his family.  This whole experience has taught me that miracles still exist, that God still loves us.  Through helping this wonderful family many lives will be blessed through their service and testimonies. What a great way to finish off this change!

Speaking of changes... my companion has changes tomorrow!  It was super unexpected to me, but Heavenly Father sure has taught me a lesson.  It doesnt matter where I am, who Im with, or if Im a leader or not.  Im here to do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do.  I will do my best to work hard and to learn as much as I can.  By the end of this next change I will have been a district leader for 6 months in the same area with 3 different companions, Im excited to make this next change the best one yet!

We have been teaching this 19 year old named Christian, he finally came to church yesterday!  The only challenge with him is that he is a little, well, lets just say he has some strange ideas.  We were talking about how God loves us and God wants us to have families.  We asked, "Christian, would you like to have a happy family?"  He responded, "Yeah, actually I want to have 2 families, 2 wives."  Haha we thought he was joking but it didnt really sound like it!  Christian needs a lot of help but hopefully he comes around, we will keep working with him!

I would just like to finish this letter with my testimony.  This is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know it, and knowing it has helped me change into a better person.  I know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet, that he actually did restore this wonderful Gospel.  A year of prayer, fasting, experiences, and personal revelation have combined to give me a strong testimony.  Every day I feel the Holy Ghost working through me, which is something that sadly didnt happen before my mission.  I feel more confident, more love, and happier.  My mind and thoughts are cleaner. I dont have as much anxiety as I did before.  I can testify that the Spirit exsists and we can have its company if we try seperating ourselves a little bit from the world.  We need to avoid distractions, we need to repent and keep in mind why we are here on this planet.  I guess Im a living testament of somebody that has completely changed, so never give up on your goals or ambitions.  President Hinkley once said, "Your best is good enough," so lets do our best to strenghten our testimonies and to be happier. Lets trust in our Savior!  I know he will help us out.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Call.

No comments:

Post a Comment