Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hola!!

Hi guys, thanks for the emails!  I finally got my backpack.... THANK YOU!  I have no idea why they all say to bring a side bag because backpacks are soooo much better.  My back thanks you, mom.  Plus, that candy is pretty much gold.  Its pretty much gone, but chocolate here is worth its weight in gold.  Thanks!  Dad, glad you are doing better.  The flu is nasty!  Luckily I havent really gotten sick yet, even though I probably should!  I know the Lord blesses us.

Well, Elder Andy is back haha.  Apparently after we had changes, he went to another mountain for 6 weeks.  He complained, so he got put in another mountain for 4 weeks.  This week he got put with the zone leaders here in my zone... poor guy.  I hope hes doing ok.

My comp is doing alright, I have learned a lot from him.  Hes kind of like Trevor, a Trevor from Peru. 

Im about to finish my 5th change as a missionary!  Ive been thinking about all that Ive experienced here and have been able to accomplish.

For the past 6 months Ive done more service than ever.  Cutting wood, picking corn, painting houses, washing dogs, and teaching english are just a couple of the things Ive done here.  Its amazing how service can open up peoples hearts.  Sometimes we feel busy, but if we slow down a little and serve, we will be a lot happier!

Ive also taught a lot of lessons.  Teaching less actives, inactives, and investigators is all part of the work.  A lot of people dont listen, well maybe they listen but dont exactly understand.  Teaching so others understand is vital.  It takes a lot of work and obedience, but most importantly it takes the Spirit to teach well.  If we teach well, we can change lives!

These are just a few of the things Ive been thinking about.  This week started a little slow, but in the end, like always, some great things happened.  We found a family, a new family from Guatemala City.  The dad was babtized, but went inactive.  His wife and daughter arent members but are really receptive.  We are doing a family home evening with them tonight, I feel that we can help them a lot!

I keep feeling the Lord guide our steps every day.  Sometimes our appointments fall, then our backup plans fall too.  Then we just look around, talk with someone, and pretty much always get a return appointment.  If we are worthy of the Spirit, He will guide us to those who are prepared!  I love you all and I love the work!


I love you guys, thanks for everything you do.  Keep on being awesome!
 
 
Downtown San Mateo
Our Area-It's really pretty

Travel Guatemala style

My companion, Elder Yataco holding a turkey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment