Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

God never forgets!


Hi everyone!  This week was fairly good, my companion and I are working better than ever before.  There are always a few problems here and there, but we are moving right along.  

I just read Mckayla Dibbs letter about her mission in Guatemala City.  She said that the people lie a lot haha and thats kind of true!  The people are really nice, so they dont want to offend us.  They say things like, "We dont have time," or "My mom isnt home,"  which is frustrating at times.  At least the people here are pretty nice, I know there are parts of the world where people slam the doors and yell at the missionaries.  Luckily, that doesnt happen here!


Well, this week we have a pretty cool experience with Hermana Rosa, remember her?  Her husband is a less active member and we have been teaching his wife.  Wow, she reads the Book of Mormon like crazy.  She also had a dream of her and her husband happily married and just really joyful.  She is starting to see that the Gospel is what makes us happy.  Next week she is going to come to church and hopefully tonight we are going to challenge her to be babtized.  All of these changes, all of this happened because two weeks ago we felt a small impression to offer service to some people we didnt even know.  Always follow the Spirit, it always helps us out!

Every day I read the Book of Mormon I am more and more convinced that Im serving among the Lamanites.  Its super crazy, if I ever get discouraged I read in Alma and his challenges while serving this people.  I love the Book of Mormon, without it, people are just so confused.  It is such a great book and I know it is from God.  I love the Church and I love being a missionary.  Adios y que Dios les bendiga!

No comments:

Post a Comment