Called to serve in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango mission

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

8 Meses!




8 months down!  Its crazy just how fast the mission goes by, I still have a lot to learn, but I have learned a ton.  This week was pretty good.  Its super hard finding investigators in our area, but last monday something cool happened.  We felt impressed to knock a door that we had knocked about 5 times.  This time a bulky guy shook our hands and told us that he was babtized.  He served with the stake, went to the temple, everything.  His wife too, the whole family was super active but for some reason they fell away.  They are super nice and I hope we can help them back to the chuch.
Edwardo is on fire right now, him and his whole family is doing great.  They are doing family home evening and scripture study.  We taught him about tithing and accpeted it without any problems.  I feel the spirit really strongly with him and his family, they are just great.  Plus, he sells chocholate and after the lesson yesterday he gave me a Snickers so thats always a bonus
We had stake conference this weekend.  Edwardo and his family came, so did Rosa.  Rosa is doing well, but she has to get divorced and itll cost like 500 bucks.... which is about as much as most people make in 2 months.  Haha why do divorces cost so much!  Its kind of frustrating but we will just have to see how things turn out.
The temple here is sweet, Ive never seen a prettier temple on the inside holy cow.  In the creation room is a mural of the Guatemalan mountains and Lake Aticlan, which is where they think the waters of mormon are.  I havent felt such a peace for a long time.  I had a really spiritual experience in the celestial room.  I was bent over praying when I felt like someone was behind me with their arms around my shoulders.  Ive never felt something like that, but I sure could feel Gods love.   I think we should all go to the temple as much as we possibly can, and all you who live in Pleasant Grove dont have any excuses!  We live so close to the temple, but I know the before my misison sometimes I wouldnt make the time to go.  The temple is literally Gods house, go as much as you can!  Satan wants to keep us "busy" so we cant recieve blessings.  The blessings are free, so make time to recieve them.  

Well my comp goes home this week, which will be kind of sad but a nice change at the same time.  Im kind of hoping I dont train because then I would be here almost 8 months haha thats a long time to be in one area.  I just want to see Edwardo get baptized, hes such a good guy.  Our area is freaking hard but if nothing else at least he will get baptized.  
Thats about all I have this week, I love you all.  Thanks for the support and prayers, missions are awesome, the church is true and I love being here.  Pongan su fe en Dios y el les ayudaran!


Our "condo" complex where we live

Me and my comp and two drunk guys who love us

At the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment